Mall World is another Facebook app which has been released during the first week of March 2010. Since Mall World is all about opening up your own virtual fashion store and running it day in and day out by yourself, it has won the hearts of a lot of Facebook users around the globe [usually female... including yours truly].
The idea of Mall World is pretty simple. You allow the Mall World app to access your Facebook account, open up your own virtual fashion store in a virtual mall, create your own avatar which you can redo every now and then, decorate and redecorate [with shelves, racks, wallpapers, registers, lights, etc] your boutique, purchase items from the catalog [clothes, bags and/or shoes], display them in your store, wait for visitors and friends to come by and purchase some of your items and earn some Mall World coins!
[My Avatar in Mall World]
[Some of the items in my boutique]
There are also some ways in which you can earn bonuses such as picking up some clothes on the floor and playing the dressing room game.
There are a lot of good points about this game:
- I like the different designs available in the catalog.
- It's a plus that I can leave the game after restocking the items and still earn a lot after logging back in.
- I like the fact that I can visit my neighbors and buy some items from them.
- I appreciate the idea that we can gift items to our friends and receive something in return.
- It's really good that the maker updates the Mall World Facebook Fan Site regularly.
However, there are also a few bad points about Mall World:
- This game is so slow and usually hangs after some time. I've tried playing it with Firefox, Internet Explorer and even Google Chrome --- I encounter the same problem all the time.
- Unlocking some of the designs in the catalog is way too expensive especially for beginners.
If you want to try a new Facebook game, check out Mall World. You might just like it, too!