A great way to find success is to mimic accomplished individuals. English writer, Charles Caleb Colton said, “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” Take that quote one step further and you will come to realize, that the sincerest form of imitation could make one successful. Don’t believe it? Take a stroll through your local bookstore and browse through the number of books dedicated to helping amateurs in the pursuit of what successful entrepreneurs already have.
There are hundreds of How-to books on finding the “it” factor. We want to know what it is that Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs and other successful business owners possess; how and where they got it and how we can achieve it too? Learning how a high achiever succeeds can be very helpful in the pursuit. Pithy quotes can be the inspiration that kick starts your career and catapults your way to finding your own ‘it’ factor. Therefore, we set out to find 21 brilliant quotes to help you along the way.
1. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” Tony Robbins
2. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” Harriet Tubman
3. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” Bruce Lee
4. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” Dale Carnegie
5. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson
6. “The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.” Frank Lloyd Wright.
7. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” Vince Lombardi
8. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” Booker T. Washington
9. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
10. “There is always room at the top.” Daniel Webster
11. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” Winston Churchill
12. “So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And Remember that life’s a great balancing act. And will you succeed” Yes! You will indeed! [98 and three quarter percent guaranteed] Kid, you’ll move mountains.” Dr. Seuss, Oh The Places You’ll Go!
13. “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you.” The Golden Rule-Matthew 7:12
14. “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.” Steve Jobs
15. “Labor to keep in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience.” George Washington
16. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more you are a leader.” John Quincy Adams
17. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others have thrown at him.” David Brinkley
18. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” George S. Patton
19. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” Woody Allen
20. “Success is dependent upon the glands- sweat glands.’ Zig Ziglar
21. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” Unknown
A recurring theme shared by visionaries and basic to success as indicated by the quotes above is hard work, characterized by perseverance and highly focused, tunnel vision. The lesson learned? Get to work!
About the author: Quoto.com